SD Sensor Data Collection Device with Feedback – sensorpuck F1S2
I used this for months and I love it. This truly a cool tiny little portable powerful data collection computer and can be used for so many things.
This particular version, the F1S2 records 2 sensors and provides 1 feedback signal for an alert and also indicating an “event or switch” has occurred and has been recorded to the SD card file. The x2 2 wire sensors and x1 feedback device are sold separately or of course, you can always hack them on your own. I found several on Amazon you could use. Vibration or Audible Alert.
Device Cost Justification
sensorpuck costs around $220 to make with soldering hours, enclosure laser cutting (30 min), shipping costs, case assembly (30 min), wiring things up, assembling other parts, testing, and setting up the included SD card. Not to mention the countless hours in development and programming. We employ high schoolers to do the work to teach them science, design, electronics, and programming. And any profit goes to camps like scholarships for the local College of Design Camp.
The .txt file saved to the SD card will accumulate data, and you do not need to remove daily. In fact, if your “alert” F1 Feedback device is working you don’t even need the data.
hackLAB is a family run organization, with a mission is to help 6th-9th graders get started in the field of design and engineering. This is usually young inventive minds that were not able to take advantage of school paid STEM or STEAM programs.
What you’ll get:
- x2 Sensor (2 wire) and 1 (2 wire) Feedback
- 3.7V Lithium 500 mAh Battery (Installed) via USB Cable
- Acrylic Clear Case Enclosure Assembled
- Computer Brain with Micro USB Charger Connection
- Data Logger with Clock set to EST – Battery Included and Installed (Select time zone)
- Micro SD Card to log data (must remove to import the text file in Excel or JMP.
- 1 pair of Tweezers (to remove SD Card)
Version 1.1 Improvements (111118)
- Added On/Off Reset Switch vs. unplugging from the battery.
- Added Re-chargeable battery.
- Added quick disconnect ports for sensors and feedback.
- STEM Learning
- Manufacturing Adjustments
- Robotic Feedback
- Security Sensors
- Art Installations
The content and the learning experimenting product mentioned on this page is not a medical device. No claims have been made for this content to behave as a medically related disease prevention, habit correction, cure or therapy tool. Keep small parts away from Children or Animals to prevent choking or death. Please abide by all local, national and international shipping rules for handling Lipo Lithium Rechargeable batteries, as well as State DOT, Airport security limitations. Not for human consumption or use.
Copyright 2017-18 – Context Communications LLC [dba. hackLAB]- Raleigh NC 27605